This is it! The fiftieth episode of Moderate Fantasy Violence, and to celebrate reaching this half-centennial megaversary, Nick and Alastair assembled in person and arranged a Q&A with you, the listening public, via our social medias.
But before they can indulge themselves, they need to get through the episode’s scheduled business: a quick talk about some classic culture consumed (namely The Wire and 2001: A Space Odyssey) and reviewing DC superhero team-up film event thingy Justice League (8:27).
That done, at the time of 25:29, our heroes get down to your queries. If you want to zero in even more specifically on a topic, here are all the seven questions answered, with timestamps.
- How can Warner Bros fix the DCEU taking into account getting rid of Affleck and Snyder is a given? – Simon Doig (25:29)
- Is FlArrow (i.e. Flash, Arrow et al) still worth it? Are new series like The Gifted making it irrelevant? – Kirsty (33:12)
- What is your favourite superhero film/TV adaptation of all time? – Julianne Benford (39:12)
- What not-yet-adapted-for-screen property would you like to see adapted? – Julianne Benford again (43:23)
- What was your favourite discovery from the recommendation item on your show? And did any of them cause you to investigate further? – Clive (49:24)
- Can anyone pull off yellow braces? (i.e. What do you think of the new Doctor Who costume?) – Ed (52:55)
- What will the state of the cinematic universes be by MFV #5000? – Oli (56:31)
Phew. And that really is it. Thanks for listening, everyone. See you again for MFV #100, obviously.